The day was very enjoyable. Chris went out and got me donuts in the morning. So, little man and I had breakfast together (he may have had a nibble of my birthday treat, no judgement folks).
We headed out to see my mom afterwards at her office. Henry always enjoys going to see Granma. He gets to do whatever he wants! Huge basket of toys, a box full of paper, kid was in heaven.
I had to work in the afternoon, boo. But, Chris surprised me when I got home and had made arrangements for my mom to watch Henry so we could enjoy a meal out. Perks of having family close who are more than willing to spend time with the babe.
Chris also sent flowers. They are a sweet surprise from time to time. I love that guy!
While we are at dinner I asked Chris to help me with a "30 before 30" list. I love lists, I am one of those people. So, I thought it would be fun to think of 30 realistic things I would like to do before I reached the age of 30. So, here they are:
- Get counseling license (they are reviewing my application June 28)
- Volunteer somewhere
- Run in two 5ks (I was reluctant on this, whatever)
- Read To Kill a Mockingbird again
- Go to the beach
- Follow through and do something with the 7 Experiment (this counts for 7 things, it is intense)
- This book is LIFE CHANGING!! That's all I'm gonna say on that soap box topic... for now.
- Wear more accessories (or get rid of them if I don't)
- Keep Henry's baby book up to date
- Finish Henry's first year memory book
- Complete the embroidery project I am doing with Wirth.
- Learn to bake bread
- Make a new friend (or hang out with Jenny Lotz in real life, I think this should count)
- Pay off student loan
- Go visit Katie and the kiddos
- Take a class with Henry (music, gymboree, another swim session, we shall see)
- Do a Wednesday night Bible study
- Do something with adoption
- 2 date nights a month
- 2 family nights a month
- Make homemade ice cream
- Meet up with friends for play dates
- Go on a tour of Askenosi Chocolate Factory
- Cut back on my fast food addiction (limit one time a week perhaps?)
- Complete a somewhat major home project
I can't believe I am already 29. This age used to sound so stinking old to me. It is fun to reflect on how I thought my life would be at this point and how amazingly awesome it is. Lots of fun things are yet to come in this next year. Can't wait!!!