It is back to school time and my heart is full of all sorts of sentiments. While I only taught for five years, by no means a veteran, it is strange to not be up in my classroom frantically trying to get it ready. As far as the new job goes, I am officially licensed, still waiting for insurance approval, and will hopefully have clients soon (eek). However, there are a few things I am missing about teaching right now that I thought I would share.
- Writing names on name badges.
- Looking through your class list for the first time.
- Printing out the same page five times due to it not being the right font, a child being added or dropped from your list, or because it didn't fit in the frame correctly.
- Having everything organized (because it won't be for the rest of the year).
- Rewriting your plans for the first week at least three times due to changes or new ideas (ok maybe I don't miss this).
- Getting to leave work for lunch.
- Sonic runs.
- Run ins with Emmett or perhaps a velociraptor.
- Going through your purchase order and thinking, "Why in the WORLD did I buy this!?"
- Talking sweetly to your computer or printer because they don't want to go back to work either.
- Wearing gym shorts and t-shirts to work (with no make up and a pony as a bonus).
- Conversations with your neighbors that keep you from doing what you really should be doing.
- Staying later than you would EVER stay (without complaining at least) during the school year, simply because you want things to be just so.
Happy school year to so many of my very favorite people!!! May I never forget how hard you work and always appreciate the teachers I will encounter in my future. You all really are amazing =)