Friday, May 11, 2012

Baby Update

Good gravy it has been a while.  That's what a good book, client overload, a mound of paperwork, and a mile long to do list will get you.  It has been a hectic few weeks up in here and any creative juices I would have put towards the blog have been trumped by my avoidance to sit down at the computer (I am currently 12 case notes behind, much better than my 30 number which was last week).  

But, baby Henry and I are doing great and the boy is growing.  I had my 24 week check up last week and he gave the nurse his typical kick and a good strong heart beat.  Sources say little man is nearing two pounds and I have been told by more than one person that if I were to have him now, he would have a good chance of survival (seriously, who tells a pregnant lady that, but it is comforting... I guess).  

Henry is a big time mover and it has become a nightly ritual to watch my stomach move.  Pretty weird and hysterical all at the same time.  He tends to be pretty quiet while I work, which I am thankful for.  He perks up when I am laying down at night or early in the morning, hope this isn't a sign for what is to come.

I have been trying to be more active and cautious of what I put in my pie hole lately (as a result of my weigh in last week).  Popsicle are the new craze (the all fruit kind) and walking is my new game.  The weirdo trainer guy at the gym continues to approach me when I come in and cheer me on for "keeping up the good work" and promises to "motivate me until week 40".  I need to find out his schedule and avoid him.

Henry's little room got a peg board this week above his changing table.  Pinterest is full of ideas and I jumped on this one.  This will be used to hold his little diapers, perhaps a framed item, and any other essentials needed at the changing table.  It looks pretty cute.  The rest of his bedding should be in this week, it was back ordered until June so this is exciting.  We still need to find him a rug, a few floor pillows, build some bookshelves, order and print three or four wall hangings, and I tracked down a mobile to hang.  That's nothing, right?  After that check list is complete it will be a wait until showers period to fill in all of the holes.  Kid's gonna be spoiled.

And now, the long awaited pictures, I know you've been on pins and needles.  Chris has been taking my pictures in the evenings so my make up is worn off and I have that look of "please just let me put on sweat pants".  But, they serve their purpose.

Week 23

Week 24

Week 25
 Hopefully I will be back sooner than later to fill you in on all the non-baby things happening in our neck of the woods.  My sister, brother in law, niece and nephew come in today for a week long visit.  I am overly excited to have some sister time and seeing the sweet faces of my two babes helps, too.  For now, it is off to the DMV (or DAV as I so often refer to it), to update my license aka birthday is coming up, ha.

8 comments:

  1. HA! Cracking up about the creeper at the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was gonna say the same dang thing... so instead of repeating... I'll just complain about Danavee commenting my exact thoughts before I have a chance to write them.

    I picture the dude jogging in place while he motivates you. That makes it funnier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Ben Stiller in Dodgeball maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes very dodgeball like. He has this goofy grin and does a power clap when he sees me. Weirdo.

      Delete
    2. Go check my blog. Stat. Award for you!

      Delete
  4. Still looking great! Looks like you're growing in baby bump only!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute outfits, cute belly, cute mama!

    ReplyDelete