Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A New Look on Things

I've been in a funk for a few months. An "overly ready for the next chapter to get here, hurry up God, ok I will surrender, but not really because I don't like to give up control" kind of funk.

I know I've blogged about these funks before, but I have found myself in the middle of one again.

Boo.

Where I'm ready to move so bad it hurts, but ya can't move when your house hasn't sold. Where I just want to open our home up to friends, family and everyone in between, but we are a tad tight on elbow room. Where my desires seem to be pure and good so I just get flustered with God for working on this whole patience and contentment thing that I always struggle with. Point taken big guy, reading you loud and clear. Where I want to be home more, but I know my job is a calling and my clients need me.

Just stuck.

So, today I need a new mindset. I need to refocus and take a step. Because that's what life is, one step at a time. If you run or look too far ahead you become overwhelmed. If you drag and look behind you seem to stop moving all together.

Our tiny home is just that, our home. All 900 square feet of it. I love our little home. It was my first really big kid purchase (well adult purchase, let's be real). I met Chris is this house. He proposed in this house. We brought Henry home to this house. My little blue house might be tight, but it is home for now and I need to make the most of that.

Starting today, this little house and my mind are getting a little face lift. Closets are going to start being cleaned, I might hang a few new pictures or tackle the spray paint projects I've been putting to the side.

I keep thinking things will wait until we move, but right now that is unclear. The perfect buyer could come tomorrow (because our house is pretty cute and lovely). But, God might want us here for a while longer for some unknown reason, and that's ok. Because He always works for the good of those who love Him and I trust the next turn will be great if I walk beside Him rather than in front.

So watch out donation box at Walgreens because purging is under way. Chris, if you are reading this, a honey do list is being made. You ugly black shelves that have been hanging for 5 years, you're about to hit the curb. I'm ready to live in our little home again rather than be frustrated every other day. This is going to be fun!!!

And what post is complete without a cameo appearance from this fellow? We had just pulled into the driveway after being gone all day and I had said we were home. He smiled real big and let out a big sigh. Love that answers to prayer come in the simplest ways.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget our annual garage sale! Save some for that!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete