Tuesday, April 9, 2013

That Moment

I won't deny it, Henry has never been itty bitty. He was over eight bounds when he was born and has far surpassed all of his friends close to his age. His rolls are irresistible and you can't help but hug his fluff when you hold him.

But, he's still my itty bitty babe.

I was holding him yesterday when he was sleepy and cuddly and happened to walk past a mirror.

Where did my little baby go? I feel like he takes over my whole body when I hold him now. I tell him on frequent occasions that he is too heavy to be held for so long. I will shut my mouth now. The moment came when you realize they grow too fast. When your newborn has long since left you and your infant will be a toddler in no time.

So, the sleepy time cuddle talks and the desire to be held and just walk around exploring won't be rushed little man. I know the day will come when I have to ask you for lovin rather than the other way around.

Now off to have our morning conversation over a bowl of cereal and cup of tea.



2 comments: