Monday, May 2, 2011

Royal Wedding Smoyal Wedding

Yes, I was the weirdo who set my alarm for 3 am on Friday morning so I could catch the events of the royal wedding.  I'm a sucker for romance I guess and it was pleasant to turn on the news and have reports talking about something happy rather than all the tragedies that are taking place around the world. 

That evening I had my family shower.  I need to track down all the pictures that were taken, I was too busy visiting to even think about pulling out the old camera.  Towards the end of the night, after gifts had been unwrapped and I was chatting it up with my fabulous, humorous coworkers,  Miss Andrea persuaded me to go and try on my grandmother's wedding dress (both of my grandmother's wedding dresses were used as decorations at the party, beautiful).  After a few moments of resistance, I went upstairs with my sister to put it on. 

This might be like the worst bad luck in the world to post a picture of me in a wedding dress, but I don't even care.  My grandma got a huge kick out of it and I was rolling with laughter.


We all compared the dress to the details of Katherine Elizabeth's.  It was awesome. 

My goal is to eat dinner at Panera sometime this week to get caught up on the blog world.  I know, I feel like the girl who cried wolf with all of this, "I promise I am going to post" business.  But, invites are officially in the mail today, and so I need to get rolling on some information for our sweet guests. 

2 comments:

  1. So you DID get the pics! Yesssss. Where is the veil one??????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you did this. You should send these pics to Grandma!

    ReplyDelete