Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Couple of First

Last week Chris and I did a couple of fun things:



First things first, we got our marriage license!  It was much more simplistic than I expected, we were in and out in 15 minutes.  The lady who is designated to hand out the licenses seemed very sweet and excited to share in the nostalgic feelings that encircle this occasion.  However, there was a couple in front of us so the lady down the way said the whole, "I can help the next in line" and informed us things would go much more smoothly if the other lady wasn't quite so chatty.  So, she typed and spoke quickly, had us take an oath that we were not related (seriously, cracked up) and we were on our way.  Something so significant was given to us so quickly and mindlessly.  Makes a person think...

Anywho, after running a few errands we had to take the Jasper dog to see the good Dr. Boschen for some shots.  I am not a HUGE fan of the vet clinic, I've got a soft spot for animals, but not for their stench.  I mean, you have to get used to the smell in there and I cannot stand to watch Jasper freak out. 

However, there was something bold within me on this particular day.  I roamed through the back area and Chris' dad informed us he was getting ready to do a c-section on a little dog.  So, curiosity got the best of me and I watched.  Before I knew it, I was in the room, with a towel, cleaning off the pups and desperately wanting to take one home.  I mean, aren't they cute?!?!



Successful day?  I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment