Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Registry Round Number 1

While Chris and I were both off work for the holidays, I proposed we get our registries going.  My sister was AMAZING and in our engagement gift, she enclosed a print out where she had broken down each room in the house and included items she felt were a must.  She has been married for 5 years, so I was so thankful to be able to know the items which she still uses and also items she has purchased since her wedding date which she finds useful.  Isn't that awesome of her!? 

We decided to hit up Bed, Bath & Beyond and I let Chris point and shoot. It was SO much fun!! I regret not taking my camera (but I will for sure when we go to Target this coming weekend). We were all smiles thinking about where each item will go in our place. Here a few of my favorite items we registered for:

 


Some of the softest sheets ever!
Can you tell I like sleeping?


 
 
I haven't had a working toaster in years! 


There are several other items I love, but these are my favorites so far.  We will head to Target to add to our list on Chris' first visit back to Springtown from Kansas City.  I will be sure to add my favorites from that adventure as well. =)

So, here is my question for you readers and creepers (Sarah, you know you are one too, haha), can you think of any must have or recommendations from your home that we should consider putting on the registry?  I would love to hear them!

5 comments:

  1. HA! Love it! Towels, lots of towels bath and kitchen. And actually anything kitchen. I find that out of all the rooms in my house the kitchen is always lacking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...I've heard good things about the Vita-Mix Blender. (http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/Product.asp?SKU=17007637&) For $400 it should read your mind and blend stuff for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget the not so fun stuff (a good rake, a good broom, storage bags/boxes for blankets, linens, sweaters, etc). Think year round also. I LOVE my kitchen stuff, but don't get too carried away or you'll end up with more than you have storage for. Sheets, and spare sheets. Be picky! We got this beautiful sateen set, but I didn't end up liking them. They don't breathe, and the bottom one wore out soo fast on the sateen stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, towels, sheets, even blankets......and I love Casey's idea of rakes and brooms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My aunt gave me a great piece of advice when I got married 5 years ago: Keep all the kitchen bakeware that you get. The stuff that you don't have storage for in your kitchen, pack away in a closet. Then when you use the heck out of the 9x9 pan and need a new one, you can just pull one out of your closet! Casey is right-on with the "boring" suggestions, too: those are things you will grumble about when you have to go out and buy them yourself :)

    ReplyDelete