Friday, January 21, 2011

Snow Day=

Day to sit at the computer pouring over wedding blogs and dreaming while having the blinds open to watch the snow and a sweet puppy sleeping beside me.  Pretty sweet if you ask me!  My house is all clean due to the fact it is on the market and I can't really do anything because I can't mess anything up, so the computer is my bff (despite the fact that I called and canceled Internet and cable today). 

I feel things have been very productive today.  One of the large items left on the wedding agenda were the invitations.  Save the Dates went out to close family and friends back in August (I really should put those up sometime, they are pretty stinking cute) and the thought of invitations has been looming.  My sweet friend Jenny is a VERY talented graphic artist person, titles confuse me, and offered to put together my invitations as a wedding gift.  Isn't that awesome!?  So, it was my roll to put together some ideas and then we would go from there.

When I started my searching adventure, I wanted something simple.  Are you seeing a theme with this whole wedding concept for me? ha.  Invites can be so beautiful, but they also can be very expensive.  Don't get me wrong, I have received several beautiful invites in the past that I adore, but we all know where they end up.  Therefore, I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on printing cost and have a bulky invite that I would have to spend my other arm and leg on and possibly plasma for postage. 

So...  I was almost to the point of writing something on lined paper and sticking it in the mail when I found it!!!!  It is perfectly fitting for our wedding and I am so in love.  I turned the idea over to Jenny and we are in business.  Obviously I am not going to post the idea on here, I will probably wait until after the wedding to post them.  But, just you wait, they are precious!!!!  Now I have to figure out the wording I want... that's a whole other can of worms. 

Another item on the wedding to do list was to pick out a ring for Christopher.  He had sent me a few ideas way back when, but I went on the hunt again today.  I sent him my top pick, he loves it, and we are going to look at it the next weekend when I am in KC. 

Thank you snow day, you have allowed me to have fun with wedding planning and help relieve some stress which was sure to arise eventually.  This wedding planning stuff is a piece of cake.

On a totally unrelated note...  I saw this and thought of Chris.  He would love this to be at our wedding I'm sure.

Style me Pretty

*Sorry this post is a day late.

No comments:

Post a Comment