Thursday, February 24, 2011

Find the Fiction

I work with some pretty fabulouso peeps who always keep me on my toes.  This year we have been delightfully given the opportunity to participate in some inservice training for cooperative learning.  During these days of bliss, we are asked to practice with our coworkers structures which we can then implement into our classrooms.  Overall the process is pretty fun, because we get to play and pretend like we are once again students. 

At our last meeting, one of the new structures was entitled "Find the Fiction."  Several of you have probably enjoyed this during your school going days.  You are asked to write down three statements, one of them being a lie.  Yes, we teachers encourage our students to practice the art of deceiving, they gotta have street smartz folks. 

My witty friend Whit came up with a spectacular idea to twist this concept into a blog post!  I told you I worked with the best of the bestest.  So, here I go.  Below are three statements, two of which are true, one of which is me pulling out some pathological lier tendencies and is false (however I PROMISE you I saw Shaun White on the slops, promise).  Your job is to comment with a guess on which you feel is the fib. Then if you would like to take it one step further, create your own blog entry of "Find the Fiction".  Here we go:

1.  When I was little and on a grocery store outing with my madre, I felt it neccessary to open a box of cookies because they needed to breathe.

2.  I have Screech's autograph.

3.  My favorite book of all times is Sarah Plain and Tall.  Seriously, it is a must read.

There you have it!  Do you think you have a guess?  (mine isn't as tricky as Danavee's and Whit's, booo)

4 comments:

  1. Hahahaha.....good ole Shaun.

    No brainer......number 3, yo. And I'm gonna hide Emmitt in your room for mocking Sarah, Plain and Tall.

    Uyah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha!!!!!! I love it!!! I don't even HAVE to guess. I know! Own it!!!! Yeeeeeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...I'm guessing number 3 is dripping with sarcasm. I love Sarah, Plain and Tall though! Screech was in town a few years back and I remember hearing about number 1 because I have a similar story from preschool and a little boy thought the Goldfish were tired of swimming and he set them on a paper towel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm....are you going to tell the answer?
    I saw #3 is a lie!

    ReplyDelete