Sunday, July 31, 2011

Ceremony

Our ceremony was meant to be very personal and meaningful and Chris and I felt it was just that.  Our uncles performed the ceremony, which meant a lot.  Steve took that time to ask us questions about our parents and what we admired about them.  Jeff took scripture we held near and dear and used it as a charge for our marriage.  

Instead of a unity candle or anything of that nature, a sweet friend (Natalie) had our vows framed and our wedding party signed around them.  They, along with all of the friends and family who surrounded us, are the ones who will say the prayers to lift us up or we pray they will say the words to put us in our place if needed.  Marriages are a lot of work and we need all the help we can get.  

Despite the heat, there was a nice breeze during the ceremony (and some questionable clouds) that made it more bearable.  Our arbor was put together the day before and that was an adventure =)  All of our flowers during the ceremony were picked up that morning at the Farmers Market, I loved it.

I walked down the "isle" to Perfect by Jon McLaughlin and our friends Skyler and Chad performed Sailboats by Brooke Fraser.  We exited the ceremony to ABC by Jackson 5, why?  Because our monogram is ABC!!!  (I bet 99.9% of the people there didn't even pick up on that)

Here are several pictures from the ceremony:




Two of my favorite people in the whole wide world.

My bridesmaids minus my sister.  Their dresses were from AE, I thought it came together quite nicely.






1 comment:

  1. Love the picture when you were pronounced man and wife. I was doing the same thing. I pray your hearts always leap with that much excitement each time you think, "Man! I'm married to him/her!"

    ReplyDelete