Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Week #22

I keep writing posts and forgetting to publish them...  So perhaps I have a stockpile of enough to last for a while.  Or I will convince myself they aren't very good and they will stay hidden, I could totally see myself doing this.

But, for now, here we are at week 22.  The past four weeks have really flown by.  I feel like we just found out I was the housing agency for a little boy.  Four weeks later, here we are.  Again, apologies for my mirror, on the to do for this weekend.



Henry was able to hang out with Hudson, Holly (Jenny's twins), and Wirth's little bean this past weekend.  I am thrilled to be able to enter into motherhood with some of my dearest friends.  So many of my friends have recently had babes or are due in the next few months... seriously, we could form a classroom of children.  This used to be such an "oh my word everyone is expecting" but now that I am in the middle of it, it is kind of fun.  Play dates a plenty and tons of friends to text when I am having a moment.  Wirth gets the blunt end of most of these texts.

I have become a weird belly rubber.  Not in public, but as I sit and write this I feel like I am Buddha.   I catch myself every once in a while, it really is quite comical.  

Still feeling good.  I was a hot mess on Monday due to being on the go for four days straight, but an early bed time and hitting snooze multiple times can do a world of good.  

Henry is moving a lot, I love it.  I had my morning meeting with the bathroom at 4 this morning and woke Chris up because he was all over the place.  Low and behold, he was able to feel the little guy for the first time.  He reacted with a smile (I think, it was dark), but rolled over and went back to sleep pretty quickly.  Haha, he's talked about it a lot today though, so he is excited.

I've been doing a lot of reading to prepare myself for this new chapter in life.  Here are two books I am finishing up.  


They are very similar, Don't Make Me Count to Three is an easier read, but Shepherding a Child's Heart is wonderful and Chris has enjoyed reading it as well.  It is fun to sit and think about what kind of parents we will be.  There was a passage in my reading today that really sunk in, however.  I pray that our parenting will someday reflect this in little Henry's life:

My son, keep your father's commands
and do not forsake your mother's teaching.
Bind them upon your heart forever;
fasten them around your neck,
When you walk, they will guide you;
when you sleep, they will watch over you;
when you awake, they will speak to you.
For these commands are a lamp, 
this teaching is a light,
and the corrections of discipline are the way to life.
Proverbs 6:20-23
 
My hope is that the discipline and home we provide for our little guy will always be reflective of what He desires.  So excited to meet him, the weeks are ticking away!!!
 

1 comment: