Monday, April 2, 2012

On the Menu #2

Week number two of our menu planning will be short and sweet.  I was home Monday-Wednesday then headed out to Kentucky to see family.  Therefore, we only planned two meals because we figured one night would be leftovers.  Our grocery bill was still close to the $70 mark though due to toilet paper, contact solution, razors and coffee.  It is always funny how it evens out though.  The weeks we need these things are typically the weeks we are leaving town or have lots of things planned.  

Monday we took advantage of some things I had to buy last week for the toquitos; corn tortillas, green onions, and cilantro.  I hate having things go to waste, so I googled "What can you make with corn tortillas?" (no joke) and one thing that popped up were Mexican pizzas.  Our parents are very sweet to us and both buy meat yearly (like a fourth of a cow or half a pig) and we get to reap the benefits.  Therefore, hamburger meat abounds in our household.  So, I browned up some meat, added some taco seasoning, fried up some tortillas and we made our own Mexican pizzas.  Easy, delicious, and all I had to do was buy some refried beans (love those puppies).

Not a great pic... but you get the point.


Tuesday was our breakfast night (I promise we don't have a Mexican Monday and Breakfast Tuesday tradition, it just worked out this way).  We opted for biscuits and gravy and eggs.  I didn't get off work until 8:30 so not that best meal to have late at night, but one of my favorites. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE breakfast for dinner?

Wednesday was a free for all because I wasn't home until 8:30 again and we figured there would be some leftovers from our previous two meals.  Plus I had to get packing for Kentucky and wanted to spend a little time with the husband before leaving him for four days.  

Nothing too adventurous this past week...  I've got a couple of fun things planned for next week though.    

No comments:

Post a Comment